Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Pondering aquamarine cabochons

I cannot believe that the first quarter of 2009 is almost over! I've been incredibly busy with new projects that I'll talk about in the upcoming weeks. But first, here's some really aquamarine that I bought. They're all cut in random cabochon sizes - some oval and some round - and they all have a beautiful transparency with some unique dendrites included in them.



I haven't decided what to do with them yet. While they're each pretty perfect in their own right, it'll be a shame to split them up because the different blues come together so nicely together. Maybe I'll have the lapidary artisans re-cut and polish some of them so that I'll keep some sort of pattern in the midst of the organic asymmetry. It'll be a pity having to lose any of the glorious >140 carat weight though. We'll see.

No comments: