Sunday, November 22, 2009

The One Of A Kind Event

On 28 Nov 09, fashion designer Ee-Lyn Tang of We Love Yu and sustainable jewellery designer Choo Yilin are showcasing a special collection of one-of-a-kind pieces just in time for the holiday season.

The designers will debut this range at The Yu Studio with wine and canap├ęs in a bid to start off the holiday season early. The pieces are a result of creative spurts from each designer, who had designed each piece based on various inspirations throughout the year.

As they weren’t restricted by any collection theme, the pieces are clear originals while keeping to each label’s design philosophies. In line with the year-end holiday glamour, the pieces also tend to be more luxurious and lush than their usual ready-to-wear pieces.

Said Yilin, “Putting together a ready-to-wear collection requires a lot of discipline and focus because each piece needs to fit within a single theme and designers have to factor in “practicality” for everyday use. Sometimes though, I would think of a single, extravagantly lush cocktail ring, which I would have to reject for my ready-to-wear collection for the above reasons, but indulge in the creation of it because it fulfills the need to create without any restrictions. I ensure that the piece stays true to the label’s aesthetic but other than that, I’m not held back by practicality or a particular theme. As such, the pieces tend to be bolder and true conversation-starters.”

Ee-Lyn concurs, ““Sometimes I find myself buying fabrics that I fancy in small quantities when I find myself inspired by it, even if it doesn’t fit into the theme of my current range. And it dawned on me that they would be perfect for the holiday season to create singluar pieces where women would be seeking to dress up in luxury while also having the assurance that the gown they would just be theirs alone.”

Ee-Lyn is offering her dresses and gowns from 350 – 800 sgd and Yilin is offering her jewellery pieces from 280 -1500 sgd. There will also be a small selection of ready-to-wear pieces available from both designers. For more details about the event, please e-mail yu@weloveyu.com or info@chooyilin.com.

Please RSVP by 27 Nov 09 for catering purposes.

No comments: