Wednesday, June 23, 2010

London Jewellery Week - Part 1

So, London Jewellery Week is over! It was an amazing trip and I feel so extremely privileged to be part of the experience. The knowledge garnered during the event was phenomenal and I could not have predicted the amount of growth that I would have gotten as a designer. I am grateful.
I wish I could say that I came back with tonnes and tonnes of pictures but the truth is, we were so swamped that these are the only pictures I can share. I didn't even take a single picture of myself - save for S and W taking a picture of me whilst I ate my first meal, jet-lagged, in a tiny Italian trattoria. I am not going to share that. :P
I know I owe loads of people stories and updates of what happened. I'm going to cheat though, and do it in parts, because there's just so much information to process. We're in the midst of talks with stockists and the media right now so stay tuned for updates. In the meantime, I present to you our humble little booth.

That's our little booth. Taken during set-up before the crowds flooded in.



Not taken on the first day and the only reason why I know this is because N's dressed in something different. That's C in the dark background...I think he realised I was shooting him!Check out the artwork in the backdrop - the flowers were made out of used, coloured paper from the London Tube. Befitting of the "ethical" theme of our little pavillion.









Separately, everyone loved the wooden boxes and the rice. We slipped in a write-up of The Jade Series and The Dew Drop Series after the first day because we just couldn't cope with the questions.







Up close in the display case...






No comments: