Monday, October 18, 2010

A diamond rehabilitation project

...and we're back! Loads of things have been happening internally which is why we've been silent for over two weeks. I've been having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to write and thus, am very very happy as I pen these words.

We'll start the return from our hiatus with our diamond rehab project. Awhile ago, E passed me her mother's not-unimpressive 2.86 carat diamond ring and told me to make it modern and fun.

We tore it apart: the diamond was assessed to be of L-colour and thus, looked faintly yellow when set in its 18KT white gold setting.


I suggested that we work with 18KT yellow gold instead, and jazz it up with coloured diamonds to play up the yellowish tinge of the 2.86ct gem instead of trying to "disguise" it.

In the label's signature organic theme, we had the metal textured while putting the solitaire in a rather unorthodox bezel-like setting, framed with smaller milgrained bezels of tiny coloured diamonds. The overall look is that of a very fun, luxe cocktail ring. I love it. :)



No comments: